Thursday, February 24, 2011

Four classes

I really appreciate your sharing your great day with me, Veena.  It is truly a joy to see you enjoying yourself so much.
One exciting feature of teaching is figuring out a concept for yourself before you teach it, and it's almost magical when you can use that excitement to help students sort it out for themselves.  I'm sure you will always remember that moment and its payoff!  I'm so pleased that you could identify and respond to the students need to see a node for themselves!!
And when you can get your teaching in two different subjects to complement each other, it's another big bonus.  No wonder you feel so positively about the day!!
I hope you have many more such days in the next 2 weeks.  Do you think it helped that your associate wasn't there so you weren't being watched in quite the same way?
Yours,
tom

1 comment:

Veena said...

Thanks so much for your response, Tom, and being there to hear my story!

Not having my (wonderful) associate in the room definitely gave me a sense of freedom that is not quite the same when she's present. Hm... I didn't really think about what effect that had on my day before....
I hope all is well in Kingston!
Veena

Post a Comment