Saturday, September 25, 2010

The windy spaces in my brain.

Teachers college is reminding me how hard we make students work!  How we require them to focus for long periods and struggle through their learning.  I have been out of school for about 7 years now, and have come to a place where I admire these students.

I have plenty of physics and math to review.

I know that you have to understand concepts deeply and have much practice in applying them to be an effective teacher, and I feel lacking in this deeper understanding.  In university I constantly felt like I was "getting away" with not fully understanding topics yet ending up with reasonable grades.  I felt like there was a problem with the structure of the whole thing. 

In any case, I'll keep at it and see where it leads.

One thing that I didn't quite understand before starting teachers college was how much research there is into the science of teaching.  It seems like there are endless ways to improve as an educator, through research and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment